How To Prevent A Ticking Time Bomb In Your Home….
Cheap rubber hoses are now the #1 cause of flooding in homes.
Flexible braided hoses accounted for more than one in five water damage claims lodged by Australian households in 2016, according to new research released by general insurer IAG.
But the research from IAG, drawing on 15,000 “escape of water” claims over 12 months, suggests that they can become a “ticking time tomb” under the sink.
Our team at Service Experts have been documenting these types of burst pipes for over 15 years.
We find that over 90% of homes and businesses have flexible braided hoses showing signs of imminent failure.
Darryl Simon, owner of Service Experts has been featured twice on Channel 7 News talking about this issue and how to prevent it from happening to you. Darryl was recently featured on a Channel 7 segment talking about this issue. You can watch here.
The average insurance claim due to flexible hoses bursting and causing major flooding in homes is in excess of $50,000.
Additionally, there is the inconvenience and time consuming insurance claim that can be easily prevented.
Not to mention the damage or loss of treasured belongings.
5 Simple Steps To Prevent This Problem From Happening To You
1. Check hoses for any brown rust spots. Rust spots are a sign that the hose could possibly be on the brink of bursting.
2. Check hoses for any fraying. Fraying is also a sign that the hose could possibly be on the brink of bursting.
3. Ensure the hoses are not kinked or too tightly installed. Having kinked hoses or hoses that are too tight will shorten their lifespan and lead to bursting quickly.
4. To help in the event of an emergency, install isolation taps in the kitchen, bathrooms and laundry to ensure the rest of your home has water supply.
5. Ask your Service Expert about the higher quality flexible hoses we can install for you with a 15 year product warranty.